Bhupendra Chaubey had the opportunity to interview Sunny Leone - the beautiful, confident, dignified, sexy, and well-spoken Sunny Leone - in the run-up to the release of her film Mastizaade.
Sunny Leone, much to Chaubey's incredulity, was also once a pornstar. And in her own words, she's never been "abused or beaten or molested". And is both proud and happy for it.
And yet, Bhupendra Chaubey's limited imagination could hardly contain the fact. Incapacitated by Leone's charm and wit, he could, naturally, not remember his questions.
He seemed to solve the problem by asking her the same one in 25 different ways.
Here's the 25 bizarre, cringe-worthy, chauvinistic and downright obnoxious questions he asked her. Even a cursory examination show these are, in fact the same question, 25 different ways):
- What is your greatest regret?
- Do you get upset by the fact that you generate a lot of curiosity and/or when people say something nasty about you?
- Kapil Sharma has said that he cannot have you on his show because of "family audiences". Does this upset you? (Sunny Leone has been on Kapil Sharma's show multiple times.)
- Are you upset when there is resistance or inhibitions about you?
- Do you think Aamir Khan would work with you? You would like to work with Aamir Khan, but would Aamir Khan like to work with you?
- Do you think your past will continue to haunt you?
- Is your past behind you?
- IF I could turn back the clock, would you still do what you did?
- How many people would grow up thinking of becoming a pornstar?
- A member of parliament, in his speeches, has held you responsible for corrupting Indian morality. How do you deal with that?
- If Sunny Leone is becoming brand ambassador of New India, is that a dangerous trend to have?
- There are lots of married women who look at Sunny Leone as a threat to their husbands. You Do you not care about all this?
- Is Mastizaade about two boys and two girls wanting to have sex or is it about love?
- Everyone wanted me to ask you nasty questions. You arouse extreme curiosity and extreme hatred. How do you deal with it?
- There are some viewers who believe your identity remains that of your past, which is of your association with pornography. They believe that you're lowering the level of the fine art of cinema. Is that a just criticism?
- So what is it about, Sunny? Is it just about the money?
- Do you look at yourself as an artist?
- Are you an item girl?
- Do you look at acting as a serious profession?
- Do you believe that your body will ultimately take you everywhere?
- Since you have come to Indian cinema, the number of people watching porn has increased proportionately to the extent that we are now the world's largest consumer of porn. Can you respond to that?
- Am I being morally corrupt because I'm interviewing you?
- All this negative talk about you. do you believe that this controversial nature will keep you going?
- Will we see movies from Sunny Leone in the future where Sunny will be dressed up in a saree, covered completely?
- Does script matter more, or is there umm, any other part that attracts you?
Leone survived this and more, with dignity, wit and poise. The same cannot be said of Bhupendra Chaubey.
So here's a series of 10 questions we have for Bhupendra Chaubey, milder, kinder and far more pertinent than his own.
- Why are you?
- Who hurt you as a child?
- What can we do to help?
- Why do all women reject you?
- How do you channel your grief?
- Does it bother you that you were named Bhupendra Chaubey?
- Do you cry yourself to sleep at night?
- Do you miss your mummy?
- Does it bother you that for as long as you will live, you will be known as a sad textbook slutshamer?
- Do you regret losing your hair?